minus5 is focused on applying digital technologies in sports and betting. Cutting-edge technology and high performance distinguish our products and give a competitive edge to our partners. This approach has won us the trust of hundreds of thousands of players in SuperSport. Currently, we have over 60 employees, some of which work in our Zagreb and Osijek offices, some work fully remote and some of them do a bit of everything.
We are hiring (at least) 3 backend developers to help us create an independent community based international sports betting platform. 90% of our backend is in Golang, but prior knowledge of Go is not a requirement as much as the interest and willingness to master it. Other backend technologies that we use are NDSQ, AWS, MongoDB and Docker.
We try to keep our selection process quick and painless, so you can expect to be invited for the one and only interview, where we get to meet you, hear about your interests and test your keen technical skills. Also, we pay great attention to you meeting us, so in our interview you’ll get to hear how we work, how our product teams are organised, what is it exactly that you’ll be doing and all that straight from our team leaders.
You’re gonna be:
- develop backend applications in a microservice environment and in a modern technology stack – Go, NSQ, AWS, MongoDB, Docker,
- in accordance with the continuous delivery practice, release the code into production (sometimes several times a day),
- ensure E2E testing and take care of the performance of the delivered solutions according to minus5 standards
- working in iterative cycles to come up with the best solutions for end users,
- participate in the product full-life cycle – from idea development and planning to implementation and monitoring in production.
You’ve gotta bring:
- 2+ years of work experience in creating backend applications (advantage is knowledge in cloud technologies Go, NSQ, AWS, Docker, basic Internet and web protocols eg. HTTP, JSON, REST… It is not necessary to have high expertise in all, but knowledge and interest in learning are preferable),
- experience in databases – SQL Server and MongoDB are a plus,
- managing with the UNIX/Linux environment,
- experience in code versioning tools (Git).
You’re gonna get:
Working for us you get a Macbook Pro, flexible working hours, paid lunch (classic and vegetarian) while in office, systematic and ophthalmological health examination, additional health insurance, mobile tariff packet, and, best of all, if a holiday falls on a Tuesday or a Thursday, then Monday or Friday are free extra days of vacation. Personal growth of our employees is also very important to us, so we offer you free books, and sponsor going on workshops, educations and conferences.
We all love our jobs, but right compensation for your work is also important, so with salary, we give our employees transport fee, regress, Christmas bonus, yearly bonuses and a gift for children in the amount of 600 HRK. Salaries are revised at least once a year and for the birth of a child we give cash benefits.
Oh, and if you didn’t already hear, according to a very interesting research by Hacking HR and Netokracija on what software engineers expect from Croatian employers, we have entered the circle of top 20 IT employers in Croatia, so if you are interested in what it looks like to work with us, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and introduce yourself to us in the form that suits you best.