Microblink is an R&D company with a mission to simplify data entry in mobile and web apps using camera input. Using advanced AI methods, we develop state-of-the-art computer vision and data extraction technology, linking modern apps with the physical world.
In Microblink, you will experience the best of the two worlds – creative startup energy and the stability of an established company. You will have a chance to work on complex systems that will challenge your technical and organizational skills allowing you to learn and grow. The best part is seeing your ideas and work turning to features and making an impact.
In Microblink’s Mobile team, our outstanding developers are turning Microblink technology into complete Android and iOS SDKs. As one of our developers said: “Microblink created an amazing engine. But in order to show off its capabilities, you need to build an actual car around it. And that car has to look and feel amazing.“
That’s why we need new team members who are driven by a passion for technology to help us continue to improve our SDKs and mobile apps.
As an Android developer in Microblink, you will:
- develop and improve Android Microblink SDKs and contribute to developing demo applications that show how the SDK is used and what is possible with it,
- collaborate with the design team to implement UX improvements,
- collaborate with Microblink’s other development teams on the integration of new SDK functionalities,
- participate in decision-making related to end user experience and developer experience (we want it to be as easy for developers to integrate our SDK as it is easy for the end user to use the final application),
- contribute to establishing good engineering practices in software development,
- participate in providing support to developers integrating our SDKs.
You are the right person for us if you:
- are able to work full-time, preferably 4th or 5th year student,
- have some experience in Android development,
- have great knowledge of Java language and Android SDK,
- know how to write sustainable, modular and efficient code,
- are meticulous and detail-oriented, especially when it comes to API design and developer experience in SDK integration,
- are interested in following the latest trends in mobile development.
An additional plus is if you:
- have experience with Kotlin programming language,
- have experience developing an entire Android application,
- have experience working with Android NDK and C++,
- are interested in cross-platform development.
What can you expect from us?
- Professional development and education:
- 4 working hours per week dedicated for education, in your desired field of interest,
- guidance from more experienced team members through direct mentorship,
- conferences such as Droidcon NYC etc.,
- dedicated budget for professional development and education,
- internal workshops and lectures,
- access to library that keeps growing, based on our needs and interests,
- team leads and managers with technical backgrounds, dedicated to improving the development process,
- focused work on a specific product, allowing you to influence its continuous growth and development over time,
- working in a casual, and yet professional working environment with motivating working conditions,
- a possibility of remote work, up to 3 days a week,
- a culture that recognizes and rewards success, and is not afraid to try, fail and learn from the mistake.
Send us your resume with some examples of your code/projects with an email subject “Android Developer (f/m)” to firstname.lastname@example.org.