The Laboratory for Underwater Systems and Technologies (LABUST) at the University of Zagreb Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing is looking to recruit a team for the implementation of the project “Development of Autonomous Unmanned Multipurpose Ship”.
The team consists of:
- 1 leading researcher/engineer (m/f)
- 2 senior researchers/engineers (m/f)
- 1 researcher/engineer (m/f)
The main goal of the project is to develop and demonstrate a fully autonomous unmanned multi-purpose ship that will be capable of autonomous navigation in real operational conditions.
The project is coordinated by Brodosplit who are in charge of building the ship, while LABUST team will be in charge of:
- Specification and integration of hardware (LIDAR, GNSS, RADAR, cameras, etc.) and software components for autonomous ship navigation;
- Development, testing and validation of situational awareness module that ensures perception and understanding of ship environment at open sea as well as coastal/port areas;
- Development, testing and validation of navigation, guidance and control module enabling collision avoidance;
- Design, development and testing of ship surveillance command centre.
Prof. Nikola Miskovic (firstname.lastname@example.org), http://www.fer.unizg.hr/zari/labust/people/nmiskovic
All candidates need to have:
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a team,
- excellent presentation and communication skills,
- excellent in written and verbal English (other languages are a plus).
Number of positions available under the Grant: 4 (four)
Contract duration under the Grant: 36 months
Main research field: control engineering; robotics; navigation, guidance and control; Marine technology
Type of contract: full time
Working hours per week: 40
Envisaged job starting date: December 2020
Application deadline: 16 November 2020
How to apply:
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after their application for the interview.