JTI – Japan Tobacco International – is a leading international tobacco company with headquarters in Geneva. As part of the JT-Group, JTI sells its brands in more than 130 countries with around 44,000 employees in over 70 countries worldwide. We develop, test and bring to market new and innovative forms of Reduced Risk Products (RRP), such as e-cigarettes and tobacco vapour products and other alternative nicotine delivery systems.
In Vienna, we are about to enforce our R&D strength by transferring our Product & Technology Development Capabilities for our Reduced Risk Products (RRP) into a newly formed organization. Therefore, we are looking for a curious, collaborative and innovation-driven team player for the Electronics/Mechatronics Product Development Engineer role.
What will you do?
- Develop, design and optimize our reduced risk products with a specific focus on electronic embedded system design, battery management, power management, wireless charging, sensor and actor calculation and design and Bluetooth connectivity as well as associated specifications
- Provide electronic design of our reduced-risk products ensuring that the overall design, PCB layouts and components meet technical and functional requirements and are appropriately specified
- Create technical product documentation such as Gerber-files, bill-of-materials, and test & verification files.
- Building-up prototypes in the lab and assessment of these prototypes in regards to battery performance (functionality & safety), PCBA testing as well as related testing with software/firmware and mechanical design
- Support the generation/advancement of novel electronics technology by peering with our internal regulatory teams as well as by establishing electronic technology platforms
- Participate in design review meetings and risk management activities during the development process
- Working close together in an international team with several sites and colleagues worldwide
Who are we looking for?
- A degree in electrical engineering, electronics, mechatronics or equivalent (HTL/FH/Uni)
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in similar product development fields (e.g. consumer electronics)
- Solid understanding of Hardware development and Firmware programming, interaction and integration of both
- Achievements in electronics engineering including use of application standards for electronics design and implementation, FMEA, Bluetooth-/Wifi-Technology ideally in the consumer goods industry
- Experienced in PCB Layout Design (Altium), electronic schematics creation, selection of microcontrollers and integrated circuits, battery design/selection (preferably Li-ion technology), component selection, battery and power management, modules and suppliers on the market
- A solid working knowledge of English (German is considered a plus)
- The passion to look beyond the horizon and you are eager to work within hybrid model ways of working means Agile (Scrum) as well as within a traditional V-model.
- Experience in working in a multinational environment with several sites worldwide would be a plus