We’re looking to add a passionate Cybersecurity Analyst to our London office to help protect Jane Street’s employees, data, and infrastructure from the wilds of the internet. Our SOC analysts are responsible for developing and using monitoring tools to guard the firm, as well as handling incident response and remediation when a threat is found.
Our Cybersecurity team is a skilled group of programmers and security experts who are dedicated to keeping the firm safe. We consider ourselves to be tapped into developments in the broader cybersecurity space, and can tell the difference between the latest cool hack by security researchers and what actually matters in our day-to-day. In this role, you’ll carefully consider the context of our decisions as we think about the tradeoffs we’re making in our approach to resolving cybersecurity issues. We’ll expect you to apply a methodical approach to performing unstructured investigations to locate and repair the source of a security issue.
You will also act as an ambassador of best practices to the rest of the firm. Team members understand and practice good personal cybersecurity hygiene, and are able to talk to others about it. A key component of doing well in this position is bringing everyone else along with you on the cybersecurity journey, and you should be excited to learn from your colleagues and pass that learning on to new analysts.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience preferred
- An avid follower of cybersecurity news
- A strong scripter; you should be able to write scripts that are clear, general, and could be integrated into existing tooling using a fully-featured programming language
- Comfortable and interested in managing your code and configs in version control, and knowledge of your editor (we don’t care which though)
- Familiar with threat modeling, and able to clearly communicate your understanding of the tradeoffs we’re making to internal stakeholders
- Able to explain the cybersecurity decisions you’ve made in your own life, and how you’ve approached thinking about those decisions
- Able to adapt to changing scenarios and make challenging decisions under pressure
- Humble attitude about what you know and don’t know; not afraid to ask questions and admit mistakes
- Curious problem solver with a positive, collaborative attitude
- Programming experience is a plus
- Fluency in English required