At a glance
Are you interested in the semiconductor industry and would like to learn more from our experienced validation experts? With this internship, we offer you the chance to apply theoretical knowledge from your studies with practical experience. Our team in is looking forward to receiving your application!
We are looking for students in Development Center Villach with the willingness to work in a challenging environment within a highly motivated international team. This specific job is suitable for students within technical studies in the field of electronic engineering.
We are offering students the possibility to be a part of the chip design process by supporting the validation of new semiconductor solutions.
In this internship you will get experience with:
- Mixed-Signal High Speed, RF and mmWave and Integrated Circuits
- Measurements related to High-Speed PLLs and Data Communication: Jitter, Eye Diagram, BERT
- High-end RF/mmWave measurement equipment
- Validation and Debugging
Moreover you will:
- Design PCBs for the measurement of products
- Prototype and evaluate new tools and methodologies
- Familiarize yourself with Validation flow: definition of appropriate measurement setup, automation, data post-processing and analysis
Type of employment: Temporary / part-time or full-time (Flexible working hours from Monday to Friday between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.)
Duration: min. 12 months
Bachelor or Master Thesis topics are available if requested.
You successfully meet the requirements, if you are a motivated and committed student from fields of Electronic Engineer, Microelectronics or similar. You are best equipped for this task if you additionally offer some of the following skills:
- Familiar with measurement instruments: Oscilloscopes, Signal Spectrum Analyzers, Vector Network Analyzers, etc.
- Familiar in using programming languages (like Matlab/C#/C++/Phyton, …).
- Understanding of circuit analysis, frequency spectrum and Fourier transform
- Basic understanding of electronic circuits: Oscillators, PLLs, Transceivers, RF or mmWave Blocks
- Good English skills
- A structured and precise working style
This position is subject to the collective agreement for workers and employees in the electrical and electronics industry (full-time), employment group B for bachelor students, employment group D for master students (https://www.feei.at/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/minimum-salaries-white-collar-workers-2022.pdf).
Please attach the following documents (English) to your application:
- Motivation letter
- Certificate of matriculation at a university
- Latest Transcript of records (not older than 6 months)
- Highest completed educational certificate (Matura certificate for Bachelor students, Bachelor certificate for Master students)
- Reference letter (optional)