HPC Architecture and Application Research Center of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing at the University of Zagreb is looking for a Software Engineer to join us in the following projects: European Processor Initiative, MareNostrum Experimental Exascale Platform, Heterogeneous Computing Systems with Customizable Accelerators.
EPI – European Processor Initiative: a strategically important EU-funded project, with the goal of developing a new processor for future exascale HPC and other domains. The project gathers 28 partners from the leading research institutions of the EU and industrial partners. It is a unique opportunity to contribute to shaping the future HPC processor and the entire computing stack.
MEEP – MareNostrum Experimental Exascale Platform: MEEP aims to create a state-of-art emulation and software development platform for exascale systems based on European technology, that supports the development of new and reusable IP targeting FPGAs and eventually, ASICs. MEEP will be of size and scale that goes far beyond normal academic or industrial prototyping platforms, enabling chips and system emulation. It will be of sufficient scale to emulate a meaningful fraction of the HPC environment.
HCSCA – Heterogeneous Computing Systems with Customizable Accelerators: a project conducted with our partners from Switzerland, at the ETH Zürich, with the goal of developing high-performance low-power heterogeneous computing systems, consisting of general-purpose RISC-V CPU and domain-specific accelerators for video-processing, deep learning, crypto-processing.
• Developing and maintaining state-of-the-art video and image processing applications developed from scratch by our team
• Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale
• Optimize applications for different architectures
• Collaboration with international partners
• Master’s level degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field
• Solid knowledge of fundamental programming techniques and coding practices
• Experience in C/C++ programming language
• Experience with Linux-based and Windows operating systems
• Experience in writing scalable, testable, and maintainable code
• Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
• Affinity for teamwork
An advantage would be:
• Experience in other object-oriented programming languages (C#, Java, …)
• Experience in script programming languages
• Experience in programming for different hardware architectures: embedded systems, HPC systems, GPUs, …
• Knowledge of Git or similar version control systems
• Desire to learn and master new skills
What we offer:
• Cooperation with some of the most renowned European institutions in industry and academia
• Access to the latest tools and education
• Relaxed working atmosphere and flexible working hours
• Possibility of enrolling in a doctoral study
• Opportunity to participate in international conferences
Please, send us your CV (link or a one-pager) and a short note explaining your ideas, motivation and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.