We are looking for engineers, Ph.D. students and Postdocs to work with us on a SeaClear project (https://seaclear-project.eu/) for mapping, classification, and collection of sea litter using a team of aerial, surface and underwater robots.
The candidate(s) will join LARIAT (Laboratory for intelligent autonomous systems) at the University of Dubrovnik (UNIDU), located in Dubrovnik (Croatia). The LARIAT team consists of researchers, PhDs, engineers and interns working in control systems, robotics and machine learning. The team has access to several aerial and marine robots, motion tracking equipment and fieldwork facilities (e.g., ships, labs, etc.).
The ideal candidate(s) should have an MS or Ph.D. in computer science, control systems, applied mathematics, machine learning or robotics, have excellent coding skills (C++/python/ROS/git) and passion for control and machine learning methods. Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills, as well as English proficiency, are required.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop novel control and learning algorithms tailored to real-world robotic learning problems,
- Formulate and implement robotic test scenarios on existing robotic platforms;
- Experimentally assess and analyze the performance of algorithms on physical robotic platforms in relation to the state of the art; and
- Participate in research meetings, travel to partner institutions and undertake supplementary research methods training.
How to apply?
The following documents are needed for applications:
- A motivation letter;
- A detailed CV; and
- E-mail addresses of at least two references.
The interested applicants should send the required documents to email@example.com quoting “Postdoc/Ph.D. Application for LARIAT-SeaClear” in the e-mail subject line. The positions will remain open until filled and only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Preference will be given to applications received before March 15th, 2020. The start date is as soon as possible, but negotiable. The position duration is up to 4 years, full time.