About the position:
As a Junior SLAM Engineer, you will primarily be responsible for developing parts of the SLAM algorithm which enables our robot to map the environment and then localize within the map without introducing any artificial changes to the environment. We are looking for a person who will work on both front-end and back-end SLAM components.
- Develop and implement state-of-the-art SLAM algorithm
- Improve the capabilities of odometry, loop closing detection, and global and local pose graph optimization
- Work with unique datasets from extensive full-scale robot operation as well as acclaimed open-source datasets
- Share knowledge by clearly articulating ideas through papers and presentations to technical staff and management
- MSc in Computer Science, Robotics or related field
- Good understanding of linear algebra, optimization, numerical methods and other basic algorithms
- Fluent C/C++ skills
- Engineering practices, coding by standards and good debugging skills
- Familiarity with Linux and Docker environment
- Experience using Ceres solver and protobuf
What we offer:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation.
- Meal-subsidy program.
- Kindergarten allowance/Tourist voucher.
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work.
- Baby bonus.
- Health check-ups.
- Christmas & Easter bonus.
- Internal talks – fun deep dives into different fields of expertise.
- Well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office.
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues.
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry and in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.
Gideon develops autonomous, collaborative, and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our teams in Croatia, US and Germany, we have gathered 100+ super-talented people, including twelve PhDs and 50+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. We are looking for a Junior SLAM Engineer for our Zagreb office!
Mid and Senior candidates are also welcomed!
If this all sounds interesting to you, feel free to check out our job description and join our team of experts! We are looking forward to your application! 🙂