Gideon develops AI and 3D-vision-based autonomous mobile robots for material handling in logistics, manufacturing, and other industrial environments. We are working with some of the biggest companies worldwide on automating their most complex material handling operations and enabling people to focus on what they do best while robots take over the hard work. We can describe our team of 130+ super-talented people, including twelve PhDs and 55+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering, as an ambitious group of constantly learning dreamers, with different backgrounds, skills, and experiences, always curious and very excited and passionate about what we do.
Scope of Work:
In this position, the candidate will be a part of our product development team working on developing software infrastructure for controlling, commissioning, and simulating robot behavior. The team is responsible for the design, validation and testing activities for functional parts and systems used in our robotic products and applications. This requires excellent knowledge of C, C++, Python & knowledge of Linux, and ROS environments. The team is heavily hardware-oriented since the work usually requires establishing control over existing (off-the-shelf or internally developed) hardware components.
If you are passionate about working on complex and exciting robotic systems of the future, read on!
- Development of software support for controlling, commissioning and simulating the physical robot system
- Definition of software interface for controlling and status monitoring of the robot platform
- Build tools for easy diagnostics of deployed robotic systems
- Communication with firmware development teams for exposing hardware API
- Development and maintaining of simulation tools and matching the simulation with the physical system
- Preparation of documentation for development engineers
- Several years of industry work experience writing production-quality code in C++
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field
- Experience in C/C++ architecture, debugging, performance, diagnostics measurement skills
- Knowledge and experience in real-time, low-latency applications, high-rate packet processing, and high-performance computing
- Basic knowledge of Linux Kernel, Threading, Resource Management, Caching, and Profiling
- Proficiency in Agile development and testing methodologies and best practices
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Hands-on experience with embedded systems
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
What we offer:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms, developing breakthrough robotics & AI solutions.
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for remote work.
- Meal-subsidy program.
- Kindergarten allowance/Tourist voucher.
- Regular yearly health check-ups.
- Supplementary health insurance.
- Fully paid sick leave.
- Christmas & Easter bonus.
- Baby bonus.
- Well-equipped testing & manufacturing halls right next to the Zagreb office.
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues.
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry and in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.
Do you have what it takes to become our Control Software Engineer? Drop us your CV and let’s have a talk!