Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 90+ super-talented people, including ten PhDs and 45+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering and related disciplines.
Scope of work:
As our Robotics QA Engineer, you will be focused on testing the existing features and features in development for our entire product line as well as assisting in research and development. You will spend most of your time on designing test cases for our robots for the simulator or tests that will be executed (sometimes by you) on real robots in our test facility in Radnička cesta, Zagreb. You will also be involved in our development process with early stages of testing and troubleshooting.
- Work closely with QA Team Lead and R&D Teams to identify areas to test and create relevant test strategies.
- Write and maintain test cases.
- Organize and execute test sessions on real robots, as well as prepare test cycles for other testers.
- Maintain and report on the process through a test management tool (Zephyr for Jira).
- Analyze bug reports, logs and bags; identify problems, and assign bugs to the relevant teams.
- Describe bugs in detail and reproduce them.
- Assist developers during development (from dataset acquisition to troubleshooting).
- Proactively contribute to standardization and improvement of testing methodologies.
- At least one year of experience with UNIX/Linux.
- Good knowledge of Shell scripting languages.
- Excellent English skills, especially in writing.
- Familiarity with Software QA tools (e.g., Zephyr, Xrey, TestRail).
- Familiarity with GIT or other source version control tools.
- A keen eye for detail and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Creativity to test niche-but-possible scenarios.
- Interest in learning more about our robotic solutions in order to correctly identify the problem in the system.
- Ability to organize your time efficiently and set priorities among various tasks.
- Interest in the robotics and AI field.
- Experience with Jira and Gitlab.
- Experience with Linux administration and BASH scripting.
- Familiarity with automation electronic components (Lidar, drive systems etc.) or robotic solutions, as well as common libraries including ROS.
- Basic C/C++ or Python coding skills.
What we offer:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation.
- Internal talks – fun deep dives into different fields of expertise.
- Well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office.
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work.
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues.
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry.
- Working in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.
If this all sounds interesting to you, feel free to apply and join our team of experts! We are looking forward to your application! 🙂