Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 90+ super-talented people, including ten PhDs and 45+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are looking for a Navigation R&D Engineer for our Zagreb office.
Scope of work:
We are looking for a Research and Development Engineer responsible for designing and implementing real-time motion planning algorithms for various robots in complex dynamic environments.
Navigation R&D Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining our navigation stack or a part of it. Your topics may include but are not limited to single-robot path planning, path following, dynamic object tracking, multi-robot coordination, and planning. We need an innovative engineer who will push the boundaries of robots’ capabilities while maintaining the flexibility and safety of the robots and the environment.
Help our robots find the optimal route in the next generation of industrial environments. 😊
Junior candidates are also welcome!
- research and review selected topics on mobile robot navigation,
- build and implement state-of-the-art mobile robot navigation algorithms,
- design and build next-gen navigation solutions based on machine learning,
- collaborate with other team members to design, develop, and test navigation capabilities in unstructured and dynamic indoor/outdoor environments,
- recommend architectural changes to unlock new capabilities in obstacle management and avoidance,
- perform simulation tests using our simulation environments and platforms,
- support our QA testing team.
- BSc, MSc, or Ph.D. in robotics, computer science, control, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience with an outstanding record of accomplishment,
- some experience with robotics (academia/online courses or industry),
- good programming skills in C++ and Python,
- familiarity with data structures, algorithms, and software design,
- familiarity with Linux,
- familiarity with Git or other source version control tools,
- good analytical skills.
- practical experience with AMRs,
- practical experience with Robot Operating System (ROS),
- experience with robotics simulation environments,
- experience with path planning (A*, RRT,…) and/or motion control,
- experience with trajectory optimization.
What we offer:
- joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation,
- internal talks – fun deep dives into different fields of expertise,
- well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office,
- flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work,
- exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools,
- relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues,
- working in a dynamic and exciting industry,
- working in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.
If this all sounds interesting to you, feel free to apply and join our team of experts! We are looking forward to your application! 🙂