Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our employees conduct research at more than 70 institutes and research institutions in the fields of health, security, communications, mobility, production, energy and the environment.
At Image Processing Department at Fraunhofer ITWM we are developing individual image processing solutions for problems in production, medical technology and material science based on innovative mathematical models and algorithms in close cooperation with industrial customers and research institutes.
Opportunities for your career with Fraunhofer are just as varied as our research fields: whether in training, as a student assistant, as an intern, for your thesis or PhD, as a scientist or in administration – become part of the team!
Geodesic Euclidean Distance Transform
3D image analysis of microstructures helps to develop and apply new materials efficiently
Geodesic Distance Transform yields
- for each pixel the length of the shortest path through the structure from given starting point set
- information about how loopy the structure is
However, the current implementation takes only 6 direct neighbor pixels into account
- Implement and test alternative algorithm taking all 26 neighbor pixels into account
- Compare results, error, runtime, robustness
- C or C++-programming skills are advantageous
You will work:
- On a real world problem
- In a vibrant, multi-disciplinary team
Apply by sending your CV, cover letter and transcript of records to email@example.com.