We Are Feelja
- Feelja is the soulmate app: Feelja is the Amazon Alexa for finding friends and dates. She syncs all your social media to find your personality and taste, and matches you with people who are similar to you. Voice-and-video only!
- Do it with the heart: We put emotions above all else. We show courage and speak our minds. Our modus operandi is always to first seek to understand, then to be understood. Simplicity, courage, and openness are words we live by.
- Thousands of users have already signed up for Feelja’s private beta: And we’d really love for you to help us increase that.
- you’ll support our first engineer and help further develop the product,
- you have built mobile apps before. You’re a JS and React master, 😇
- this is a position that can be converted into a full-time role 2 months into the internship,
- we already have an MVP and have tested it on 200+ users.
Even if a few of these apply to you, we’d love to hear from you!
- you have a hacker mentality. You love solving difficult engineering problems and can tell us stories when you did so,
- you’ve launched apps before. You understand how infrastructure of apps like Tinder or Instagram works,
- you have high energy. You were that stubborn kid in school who always went for it even though others told him no. You thrive under challenges, 👊
- you’ve been coding since you were a kid. You’ve built side-projects on random stuff for fun.
What’s not required:
- knowledge of Croatian. English is our primary language. You don’t have to know domestic language well, but you’re welcome to learn it (we pay for it 😀),
- previous professional experience. We only care about who you are and what you know.
- we are anti-racist and fully support all genders. We love and respect differences. No matter your cultural or religious needs,
- we will not ask about any of those things in an interview or later on. If you want to share your story, we’d love to listen. If not, that’s cool,
- we don’t look for traditionally successful CVs. To build a special environment, we don’t rely on typical measures of judging. You also won’t have to solve hypothetical problems. 🙈
- flexible working hours. We run meetings only in afternoons. If you’re a night owl or morning bird, you’re welcome to come in late. We only care about results. What you work on and how you do it are more important than how long you do it,
- own your actions. Build one of the coolest social network concepts of the post Covid-19 era as a second engineer in the company,
- we take care of whatever equipment you need to do the job,
- unique culture (more on that some other time).
The starting date is as soon as possible. We’ll take two weeks to go through the whole process.
- Get a feel for each other. Just like on Feelja, we’ll have a 5-min video call to get a feel for each other. We’ll then look at your resume and qualifications after the initial call.
- First round. You’ll learn more about Feelja and let us learn more about your experience. We’ll do our best to see if this is the beginning of something special!
- Second round. We’ll give you a practical task where you’ll get a chance to work on our product! There won’t be a time limit or anything silly like that.
- Third round. You’ll meet our CEO in-person to chat more about the position, what you’ve learned, and whatever is on your mind, really.
- Offer time! Congrats! Now all we have to do is pray that you accept.
How to apply?
Just send us your CV and Git or LinkedIn on firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. If you want to stand out, answer one of the following questions:
- What is the most impressive thing you’ve build and why?
- What does a great relationship mean for you?
- Tell us a time when you solved a hard problem or overcome a difficult situation in life.
- How can we improve this job post?