Career Centre is open from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is located on the ground floor of A building. It is important to us to be able to focus on you and what you need, so it is best to contact us and schedule a meeting.
We are working hard on establishing and maintaining relationships with organizations that wish to advertise opportunities or resources for students and alumni. If you are contacted, feel free to provide them with a link to the Employers Section of our website. Here, they can learn about posting and internship opportunities, on-campus recruiting and events.
Students are always welcome to contact us so we can discuss questions they are having. If needed we can organize one-on-one sessions with them.
We also strongly encourage students to visit our pages regularly (especially the Students and News Section), subscribe to the Career Centre newsletter and connect with us on social networks to be informed about all the things we do.
We will be happy to consult you on actions you could take to identify and hire a qualified candidate.
Please keep in mind that the faculty is subject to certain laws and regulations concerning public institutions so please consult with the services responsible for the hiring process.
You are more than welcome to publish a posting and you can do so by visiting Job Board. To attract the candidate’s attention please make sure you include the following sections in the posting:
- a title that includes organization/department/laboratory name and job title,
- brief description of the organization/department/laboratory and the position,
- full description of the position,
- candidate’s qualifications (required and desirable knowledge, skills and experience),
- due date and the process for application,
- contact for more information
We are happy to partner with departments. You can contribute in various ways and here are some suggestions:
- be a guest speaker at our events and hold a presentation on a career-related topic
- share the career plans of students graduating from your department to help us gather information and advise students
- encourage students, employers and faculty to use our website