Ericsson Nikola Tesla Group gathers over 3200 experts from the STEM field. With more than 70 years of experience and everlasting work on new technologies, we offer the perfect mix of new knowledge and experience. Our Research and Development Center is the strongest and biggest telecom R&D center in the region. Our organization has been growing very fast for the last couple of years and we need you to help us bring new technology worldwide.
Ericsson Nikola Tesla is looking for experienced engineers that dare to broaden their horizons with exciting new technologies in the telecom field.
Full-time/Student Job: Zagreb, Split, Osijek
What will you do? Work in cross-functional and international teams on hardware accelerated networking devices used in 5G mobile networks throughout the globe. Main task is software development on embedded Linux hardware devices, for example writing code related to hardware peripherals, developing custom bootloaders, using custom build tools and perfecting Linux at kernel level.
Other tasks include:
- Participation in decision-making about hardware choices,
- Development of hardware device drivers and signal processing algorithms,
- Writing highly structured code with testing capabilities in mind,
- Using real-time paradigms directly in code,
- Documenting your code and reviewing someone else’s code.
What are the desired skills:
- Degree from a technical university,
- Being fluent in C and/or C++ programming language,
- Basic to intermediate understanding of embedded systems with real-time capabilities,
- Basic understanding of computer networks,
- Basic understanding of signal processing workflow.
What experience is considered as an extra:
- Working with headless Linux devices,
- Working with shell-like scripting programming languages (Bash, Python, Perl),
- Working with Yocto/Open embedded build framework,
- User of git,
- Advanced knowledge of embedded systems (software and hardware).
What will you get:
- HP EliteBook class notebook,
- Mobile phone (only full-time employees),
- Flexible working hours,
- Yearly summer and New Year bonuses,
- Future opportunity to travel to international Ericsson facilities (ranging from Sweden to China).
If you want to:
- work on devices that are made in up to million quantity,
- have an impact on designing worldwide used high availability networking equipment,
- cooperate with international teams,
- make precise and highly functional software with great structure,
- and have fun doing it.
Please apply (via email) by attaching your CV. If you have a portfolio of projects, feel free to send it also.
If you’re a student near graduation looking for a job during semester, we have a place for you too.
P.S. If you are reading this on your mobile device, there’s a high chance that you’re using our hardware and software along the way, be the one that gets to design future ones!
Croatian citizenship or work permit for Croatia is mandatory.
Candidates will be evaluated and contacted only if they pass the initial screening.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.