Ericsson Nikola Tesla Group gathers almost 3500 employees and the majority of us are from the STEM field. Besides our ICT solutions in the telecom sector, we provide innovative solutions in health care, transport, state administration, municipal services, and multimedia that constantly improve people’s lives and create new value. With more than 70 years of experience and everlasting work on new technologies, we offer the perfect mix of new knowledge and experience. Our Research and Development Center is one of the strongest and biggest telecom R&D centers in the region, and its Radio Development unit continues to grow.
What do we develop?
We perform software development, hardware integration, and system verification of the Radio Unit, a crucial node of the Ericsson Radio System portfolio.
Our projects are vital contributors to the latest 5G solutions, as well as to enhancements of already deployed 4G products.
You can find our products being used all over the world, deployed by operators such as AT&T, T-Mobile, Softbank … There are literally millions of sites that rely on our expertise and bring wireless connectivity to billions of people.
Our work environment
We are close to 20 teams in Zagreb and we cooperate daily with our colleagues around the world (Sweden, China, Canada …).
Our teams are involved in all phases of the development cycle, including initial requirement analysis, study, design, implementation, verification, delivery, and maintenance. The teams are closely connected, and self-organizing, based on their own customization of Scrum or Kanban methodology.
Your laptop might be Windows-based, but both the development and target environment are pure Linux.
Which competence areas do we need?
There is a wide range of technical expertise our teams require in their daily work:
- Embedded systems with real-time capabilities (both hardware and software aspects)
- Operating system principles (Linux in particular)
- Signal processing
- Antenna systems
- Computer and mobile networks
- C/C++ programming language for product development
- Secure coding practices
- Java/Python/Perl/Bash for automation and verification
- Code repositories and versioning systems (such as Git and Gerrit)
- Software product build systems (such as Yocto and Automake)
- Ericsson product-specific knowledge
- Integration, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
Expected levels of the above items are based on your seniority and the requirements of a specific project.
In addition to cutting-edge projects and technology, as well as the vibrant international ecosystem of experts, we can also point out:
- an opportunity to work within an inspiring working environment where you can develop your career, grow, innovate and be a part of a larger success story
- annual awards in accordance with the company’s business success and individual contribution
- incentive bonuses
- company restaurant and monthly meal allowance
- sports and cultural sections
- regular medical check-ups
- supplementary health insurance
- flexible working hours
- covered public transport costs
- & many more
Our expectations from you
We would like you to:
- Find our area of work intriguing
- Have expertise and interest in (several) mentioned technical areas
- Be ready for steep and continuous competence build-up
- Successfully collaborate with your colleagues
- Feel comfortable in an international work environment
Assuming you found the description above interesting, please apply and include your CV. Any personal projects (on GitHub or similar) are also welcome.
A closing note: final-year students of technical universities are also welcome to apply.
Croatian citizenship or a work permit for Croatia is mandatory.
Candidates will be evaluated and contacted only if they pass the initial screening.
In our Privacy notice, you can find more about handling your personal information.