We are Emma – The Sleep Company. We disrupt sleep by pushing the boundaries of what technology can do for rest. Our aim is to make a positive impact on people’s lives everywhere by enhancing their sleep. We are one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech startups with 275+ team members representing over 40 nationalities at our headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Our work culture is built on strong values promoting community, agility, and ownership. Growth and excellence in all areas are important to us, which is why we offer our team members opportunities to develop and advance professionally and personally. Emma proudly celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
The WordPress Developer will report to the Project Manager and is responsible for playing a significant role in designing, developing, implementing, testing, and supporting the creation and support of responsive WordPress web pages.
The Developer role contributes to solutions and strategies for accomplishing viable automated solutions for complex business problems, implementation, execution, applications, and requirements gatherings with Stakeholders.
This is awaiting you:
- International team with more than 27 countries on the same roof,
- Add value through software conception and implementation,
- Implement projects in coordination with the development team and all involved parties,
- Customize templates and plug-ins,
- Deploy and manage website architecture and all technical aspects of CMS,
- A high degree of responsibility for error analysis, tracking and bug fixing,
- Cross Browser Testing (IE, FF, Chrome, Safari),
- Create future-oriented projects that will impact our core business,
- Within the development team, you contribute to the continuous improvement of our software solutions for top-notch e-commerce websites.
What we are looking for:
- An experienced and passionate WordPress Developer responsible for both back-end and front-end development,
- A person that analyzes and develops modifications for various WordPress Themes and Plug-Ins,
- An excellent communicator, planner and a person with high organization skills,
- Someone who participates in all aspects of the Web page development life cycle,
- Ability to work in an Agile environment.
- At least 2 years of experience in WordPress,
- Development of Themes and Plug-ins for WordPress,
- Knowledge of PHP development,
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN,
- Good knowledge of MySQL.
What we are offering:
Challenging tasks with a high amount of personal responsibility at a steady rate of learning,
Experienced founders (Entrepreneur, former McKinsey-consultant) and a committed and goal-oriented team that will always be there to help,
Possibility for further education, to attend conferences and keep expanding your areas of interest,
Adequate salary package and flexible, the refreshing working atmosphere including drinks and snacks,
A great social environment with plenty of space to make friends and enjoy the workplace with company events.
Then apply with your CV to the mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to become a member of our magnificent team! In order to get to know each other as soon as possible, please send us your full application (letter of motivation, desired salary, curriculum vitae, and your grades).
We are looking forward to your application!