Bornfight is a digital innovation company that combines business strategy with technology. We create progress by designing and developing custom software, digital products, mobile applications, advanced websites, blockchain technology, and interactive solutions. This is the part where companies usually write a short intro about their values and culture, but we won’t write about it. We have a video!
Now back to the main topic.
Mobile app space is dominated by two large powerhouses – Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS. Now, we won’t be talking about which platform is better because we think they’re both equally great, but as this is an open position for a Junior Android Developer, you know we will focus more on our Android team. Our Android Developers are an interesting crew as everyone brings something new to the table – we have footballers, cooking experts, social media influencers… The things that connect them all are loads of experience in using Kotlin and Android Software Development Kit, as well as the constant drive to raise the bar with every new feature and application.
We are now looking to grow that team with new developers who consider themselves proactive, curious and always willing to learn and experiment with something new. And then share that newly found knowledge with others through educations or new Apps & Pizza meetups. To keep it brief – we’re looking for developers who aren’t afraid to embrace change and then propose changes, upgrades, new processes and basically anything else that might make our entire team better, faster and more efficient. If that’s your style of development, send us your CV and let’s talk!
- At least 1 year of experience in native Android development,
- Good knowledge of Android SDK,
- Good knowledge of Kotlin and Java programming languages,
- Good knowledge of Git version control,
- Basic knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP),
- Good communication and organizational skills,
- A team player attitude.
YOU GET EXTRA POINTS FOR:
- Knowledge of MVP architectural system,
- Knowledge of RxJava and Dagger,
- Experience with Android platform, Android Studio tools, and Android Jetpack,
- Experience with API integration,
- Experience with the publishing process,
- Published Play Store app(s).
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop Android applications in Kotlin and Java programming languages,
- Maintain active applications,
- Integrate existing backend APIs into mobile applications,
- Work and experiment with trending technologies,
- Constantly upgrade internal frameworks and tools,
- Cooperate with the Development, Design and Project Management teams.
IF YOU GET THE JOB, YOU’LL ALSO GET:
- Awesome team buildings, dog-friendly office, in-office gym, rec room, and game room,
- Lots of internal educations from your colleagues & external education from industry experts,
- Access to a variety of industry-related books, magazines, and additional reading materials,
- Monthly one-on-one meetings with a team leader and structured biannual meetings about personal development,
- “Time In” counseling sessions with company psychologist about personal motivation, work-life balance, satisfaction & performance (optional & available for all),
- Ability to modify your daily working hours according to your needs,
- One of the latest smartphones running Android,
- A Macbook and an extra monitor,
- Parking spaces for rent in the office building garage and secure storage for bikes.
READY TO APPLY? JUST SEND US THESE FILES:
- Your motivation expressed in the form of your choice – let us know what makes you want to become a part of our team,
- Links to code you created or applications you published (this one is optional).
Submit your application in Croatian and/or English via link.