AVL is the world’s largest independent company for development, simulation and testing in the automotive industry, and in other sectors. As a global technology leader, AVL provides concepts, solutions and methodologies in the fields of e-mobility, ADAS and autonomous driving, vehicle integration, digitalization, virtualization, Big Data, and much more. We are looking for a Platform DevOps Engineer.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to join the team that supports the development of products in the area of physical simulations. The project primarily deals with the porting and customization of open source libraries for specific environments (Linux, Windows, real-time OS) and specific compilers (MSVC, GCC, Intel C++ Compiler, …) The team also develops and maintains the CI/CD infrastructure (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes), deploys desktop applications and develops multi-platform (Linux, Windows) installers for them. A lot of work is done in Python, both scripts and GUI parts of products.
• You enjoy getting to know diverse technologies used in DevOps.
• You know Python beyond the beginner level.
• You possess an in-depth understanding of platforms and operating systems.
• You pay attention to details of design and implementation.
• You want to experience the challenges of working in large-scale software development.
• You keep your eyes open for new technologies.
• You are fluent in English.
• Preferably, you have a university degree in computer science, software development or similar
• Preferably, you are familiar with
- building large C/C++ projects using industry-standard build systems (CMake, Meson) and package managers (Conan, vcpkg)
- CI/CD tools/pipelines and code management systems (e.g. GitHub Actions, GitLab-CI, Azure DevOps (TFS), Git)
- containerization and orchestration of containerized services (Docker, Kubernetes) and could technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- configuration Management (Ansible)
• competitive compensation
• thirteenth salary, bonuses
• flexible working hours
• comfortable offices (no open space)
• remote work option
• contribution to projects of high technical complexity & business value
• international work environment
• well organized work at a steady, sustainable pace
If so, please use our online application tool to send your application to AVL through the link!
AVL is not just about cars. It’s about changing the future. Together.