Bornfight is a digital innovation company that combines business strategy with technology. We create progress by designing and developing custom software, digital products, mobile applications, advanced websites, blockchain technology, and interactive solutions.
This is the part where companies usually write a short intro about their values and culture, but we won’t write about it. We have a video!
Now back to the main topic.
WordPress has been our CMS of choice as it offers an unmatched level of customization which enables us to develop really advanced websites for our clients and partners. We’ve built a wide variety of different websites on top of WordPress that work great, look amazing and are fully focused on maximizing user experience and achieving client’s goals.
Here are just a fraction of custom websites we developed with WordPress:
- Vera Wang
- Manhattan School of Music
- Mercury Processing Services International
- Simple Life
- Golden Center Apartments
Now we’re looking for a new Junior WordPress Engineer to further upgrade the team!
As a Junior WordPress Engineer in our team, you’ll focus exclusively on the back-end part of developing websites. You won’t have to do any front-end work as we have an entire team for that aspect of development, but you’ll cooperate closely with them. You’ll develop one of a kind WordPress themes, plugins, and integrations, and also maintain our custom WP development platform. So, if you know your way around the WordPress ecosystem and want to create top-performing award-winning websites together with our WordPress Engineers and front-end developers, it’s time we get to know each other!
- At least 1 year of experience in WordPress development,
- Excellent knowledge of Croatian (C1) and English language (B2), both written and spoken,
- Advanced knowledge of the WordPress ecosystem,
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress plugin and theme development,
- Good knowledge of the most recent WordPress releases and standards,
- Good knowledge of git,
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented PHP,
- A team player attitude,
- Good self-organization & researching ability,
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis,
- A desire to research and improve current development processes and code architecture.
YOU GET EXTRA POINTS FOR:
- Experience with automating WP installations and deployments,
- Experience with using the Advanced Custom Fields plugin,
- Experience with using APIs and 3rd party integrations,
- Experience with writing testable code,
- Experience with code reviews,
- Experience with WPML,
- Experience with e-commerce WP plugins, like WooCommerce.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Plan, structure and implement applications, websites, APIs and databases using WordPress integrations,
- Develop medium-sized web-based projects,
- Give your input and actively participate in various brainstormings,
- Maintain existing WP projects,
- Define daily responsibilities and tasks with Project Managers and other team members,
- Collaborate with the members of the Quality Assurance team as well as members of other departments within Bornfight,
- Work and experiment with trending technologies.
IF YOU GET THE JOB, YOU’LL ALSO GET:
- Awesome team buildings, dog-friendly office, in-office gym, rec room, and game room,
- Lots of internal education from your colleagues & external education from industry experts,
- Servers you can crash for “research purposes” (games & stuff),
- Access to a variety of industry-related books, magazines, and additional reading materials,
- Monthly one-on-one meetings with a team leader and structured biannual meetings about personal development,
- “Time In” counseling sessions with company psychologist about personal motivation, work-life balance, satisfaction & performance (optional & available for all),
- Flexible working hours,
- A Macbook and a smartphone,
- Parking spaces for rent in the office building garage and secure storage for bikes.
READY TO APPLY? JUST SEND US THESE FILES:
- Your CV,
- Your motivational letter (tell us why you want to join us),
- Link to your GitHub repo with a public WP project, a plugin or any other open-sourced WP-related work (this one is optional) .
Submit your application in Croatian and/or English via link.