Bornfight is a digital innovation company that combines business strategy with technology. We create progress by designing and developing custom software, digital products, mobile applications, advanced websites, blockchain technology, and interactive solutions.
This is the part where companies usually write a short intro about their values and culture, but we won’t write about it. We have a video!
Now back to the main topic.
WE’RE HIRING AN iOS DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Mobile app space is dominated by two large powerhouses – Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android. Now, we won’t be talking about which platform is better because we think they’re both equally great, but as this is an open position for an iOS intern, you know we will focus more on our iOS development team. As Jony Ive would describe it, they are a team that asks an awful lot of questions and nurtures good ideas. They have to, as their goal is to always raise the bar with mobile applications they envision and create. And if you stop by their desk, you’ll always see something new – whether it’s a cutting-edge piece of tech or an interesting mobile application they’re working on, like Moja Žuja, pvtistes or Ajmo!
We are now looking to grow that team with new interns who want to learn everything about iOS development and work on top-notch (get it?) mobile applications. So, if you’d describe yourself as a proactive tech student who’s really interested in iOS applications and the entire Apple ecosystem, and always willing to learn and experiment with something new, challenging or exciting, we’d love to meet you!
- Currently pursuing a BA or MA in the field of technical sciences,
- Student employment contract,
- Being available to work at least 20 hours per week,
- Excellent knowledge of Croatian (C1) and English language (B2), both written and spoken,
- High level of interest in iOS development,
- Basic knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP),
- Basic knowledge of Swift,
- Good communication skills,
- Basic organizational and team working skills.
YOU GET EXTRA POINTS FOR:
- Having experience in developing mobile applications,
- Having experience with API integration,
- Having experience with iOS frameworks – Cocoa Touch,
- Having experience with Xcode IDE,
- Having experience with Git version control.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop iOS apps (primarily in Swift) in cooperation with other team members,
- Maintain active applications,
- Learn about mobile development, different Xcode features, and tools,
- Test out your code,
- Integrate existing backend APIs into mobile applications,
- Work and experiment with trending technologies,
- Cooperate with the Development, Design and Project Management departments.
IF YOU GET THE JOB, YOU’LL ALSO GET:
- Awesome team buildings, dog-friendly office, in-office gym, rec room, and game room,
- Lots of internal educations from your colleagues & external educations from industry experts,
- Access to a variety of industry-related books, magazines, and additional reading materials,
- Servers you can crash for “research purposes” (games & stuff),
- Monthly one-on-one meetings with team leader and structured biannual meetings about personal development,
- “Time In” counseling sessions with team psychologist about personal motivation, work-life balance, satisfaction & performance (optional & available for all),
- Competitive hourly rate,
- Flexible working hours,
- A Macbook and an extra monitor,
- Parking spaces for rent in the office building garage and secure storage for bikes.
READY TO APPLY? JUST SEND US THESE FILES:
- Your CV,
- Your motivational letter (tell us why you want to join us),
- Links to some great code or apps you created (this one’s optional).
Submit your application in Croatian and/or English via the link.
Application due date:
May 19st, 2019