We’re looking for a proactive, team-oriented, and motivated QA Engineer (m/f) to join our team. We believe that extraordinary comes from team power with a diverse range of experience and knowledge.
BISS d.o.o. is a Croatian private IT company based in Zagreb. We provide software development, system integration, solution design, and consulting services in the area of Telco/Service providers systems, Enterprise applications as well as State and Government domains.
We are an innovative and flexible company with people passionate about software craftsmanship, technology, and making an impact.
We’re growing rapidly and are seeking enthusiastic, creative, intelligent, and fun individuals to join us in various roles. In return, we can offer you a fun and productive environment where you can instantly see your contribution to the company’s success.
Meanwhile, we’ll make sure that you have everything needed to achieve your personal goals.
We are looking for smart and self-motivated QA engineers to join our growing development team. Being passionate about working together with the development team and playing an integral part in delivering our solutions is essential for this role.
You care about the quality of solutions and have a passion for what you do, which you can clearly convey by your actions rather than just waffly personal statements on your CV.
You are always giving your best to find innovative ways to challenge and break systems. Repetitive tests are something you see as waste and will try to automate as soon as they’re recognized.
For you it’s not just a job, it’s also an opportunity to keep improving your hard and soft skills.
Among other things, we’re strong advocates of automating the testing part of CI/CD pipeline. We think it represents such a particular mindset we’d only consider you for a senior position if you have working experience with it. If you are applying for a junior/mid position you can expect to be highly encouraged and coached to do so!
If you have working experience with performance testing, great! We want to know more. What kind of systems and how did you do it? What problems have you faced? How did you solve them? Which tools did you use? The more, the better.
Our teams strive to be cross-functional, self-organizing, and highly autonomous.
We believe that generating, sharing, and implementing our ideas together as a team is a privilege and advantage that we have. This approach requires a huge amount of teamwork and maturity and is not right for everyone, but we believe it’s the best way to create great software.
You will be working together with our teams in setting up testing automation strategy and the QA roadmap, making an impact on the overall quality of the products.
As a leader, you will design, implement and execute out test plans, use various test techniques and tools on software and infrastructure. These tests will cover functional (BDD, Unit, integration, and E2E testing) but also non-functional (performance, resilience, exploratory) aspects of the software.
Among other things, Pair Programming, TDD/BDD, Refactoring, and Continuous Delivery are deeply embedded within us and we’re constantly striving to improve the way we work.
We know typing is not the bottleneck, so among other things we are experimenting with ideas like:
- Daily/weekly sessions doing things like Katas and discussing practices and technologies
- Workshops like https://www.drawtoast.com/ to help us solve complex problems
- Just going out for drinks and talking with each other
- Whatever new idea you can bring with you
Technologies we use:
- Docker & Testcontainers
- Relational databases (we prefer PostgreSQL)
- NoSQL databases (mostly Redis and MongoDB)
- Any other technology which comes with you
What we offer:
- Working in a dynamic, fun, and supporting environment
- Flexible working environment
- Competitive income that corresponds to your knowledge and experience
- Opportunities for education, training, certification, and general advancement in your field
- Mentoring/coaching support
- Top equipment of your choice
- Sports activities (training with an individual coach, group training, gym, football, tennis, etc.)
- Paid kindergarten
- Third pension pillar
- Relax with lots of coffee, sweets, fruits, snacks, and a PlayStation
- Customized additional benefits which we can share with you after we meet you
If you’re excited about what we say but don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, let us know anyway, we would love to meet you! 🙂
Please contact us here. 🙂