We are seeking a Data Engineer!
With over 850 employees across 19 offices, BE-terna is one of the largest providers of business solutions in Europe. With a passion for the latest software technologies, we enable our customers to work more easily and transparently. At BE-terna, every single employee can contribute to our exciting projects – teamwork is one of our greatest assets! To know more about us and our culture please visit our Career page.
Data Engineer (m/f)
#location: Zagreb, Croatia
We are looking for a data wizard who will dig deep and solve difficult problems. If you savor making sense of big chunks of data, join our curious and analytical Data Team!
- Continuous learning and training,
- Autonomy at work,
- Mentorship program,
- Flexible working hours in the tallest skyscraper in Croatia with free parking,
- Work with passionate, positive, and ambitious people,
- Unforgettable team buildings & fun activities,
- Working in a successful company that is growing and changing every day,
…and some other perks which you can hear in the interview!
- Clean, analyze, visualize large data sets,
- Development, construction, and maintenance of large scale (big) data architectures,
- Conducting testing on large scale data platforms,
- Provide recommendations for data improvement, quality, and efficiency of data,
- Ensure and support the data architecture utilized by your colleagues – data scientists and data analysts 😊,
- Development of data processes for data modeling, mining, and data production,
- Build DWH or EDWH design based on Business requirements,
- Drive and consume constantly latest data management and data warehousing technology trends (Azure Cloud, (Synapse EDWH, Data Lakes….),
- Work closely with our Data Analysts, Scientists / Clients to deploy tests, drive deployment and proper consumption of data prepared.
- A university degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, or related fields,
- Experience in (Enterprise) Data Warehouse design & Microsoft data technologies and other Big Data Streaming tools (QDI) is a plus,
- Experience with Microsoft Azure stack data platform is a plus,
- Knowledge of programming tools like Python & cloud data warehousing (Microsoft Synapse or Snowflake),
- Solid understanding of Cloud and “On-prem” Operating systems,
- Skilled with SQL in various environments (Microsoft, Oracle,..),
- Good understanding of cloud data environments (Azure, Aws..),
- Excellent command of written and spoken English,
- Independent and goal-driven personality with a high sense of urgency and attention to details,
- Great decision-making and problem-solving skills,
- A pragmatic problem solver and out-of-the-box analytical thinker.