We are looking for a team-oriented and motivated Junior Machine Learning Engineer to join our team. You will help us improve our AI Recommender system for b2b matchmaking and work on our other projects.
As a part of our team, you will be working on a daily basis with developers, collaborating with designers, product owners, and managers to achieve product goals.
We Create The Most-Compelling Event Management Software
b2match is a product-driven, international operating all-in-one event management software company that covers the entire event workflow. We have been operating in the market for over 8 years. Our commitment is to help event organizers create meaningful interactions so that their big ideas can become a reality.
Our software has facilitated more than 4,500 events with over 800,000 business matchmaking meetings, across 90 countries around the globe.
A Team That Loves to Foster Interaction
With a team of 35+ diverse personalities based in Vienna and Zagreb, we commit to creating the most-compelling software and providing the best service for the management of various gatherings. Either in a physical, virtual, or hybrid format.
The best results come from the collaboration of motivated, talented people. We encourage working in project-based and cross-functional teams and creating space to explore ideas.
- Learn our tech stack and become an effective member of the team
- Develop and evaluate AI models for all current and future product features
- Research and select the right tools for the job, keep up-to-date with new developments in the ML field
- Set and maintain course of AI projects from the technical perspective
- Troubleshoot and find sustainable solutions to data issues and anomalies
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the data and/or serving infrastructure
- Make the systems scalable, reliable and optimized for performance
- Participate in code reviews, provide thoughtful and constructive feedback
- Participate in planning (defining tasks and providing time estimates)
- Continually improve your skills and learn from more experienced team members
- You can work 20+ hours per week
- Experience with Python
- Basic understanding of statistics and/or ML fundamentals
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Testing and debugging skills
- Willingness to learn and implement new trends and technologies
- Good communication skills, self-organization & researching ability
- Proficiency in English in both written and verbal form
You get extra points for
- Experience with recommender systems
- Familiarity with some of the ML model frameworks
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of DevOps technologies
- Basic understanding of cloud technologies, and how to scale machine-learning development to the cloud
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- An easy-going and enjoyable work environment in a fast-growing company
- Mentorship program
- Highly motivated, international team and a staff exchange program with trips to Vienna
- Additional Christmas, Easter, and vacation compensation
- Don’t worry about your daily lunch, we got you covered – every day free lunch!
- Bonus payment at the end of the year based on personal and company performance
- Flexible working hours
- Strong focus on personal and professional development with a yearly education budget, participation in events, and position development
- Additional free days on Christmas Eve (24.12) and New Year’s Eve (31.12) + a possibility of additional free days like “Free Fridays in August 2021”
- Top-quality equipment is waiting for you in the form of a MacBook Pro
- Welcoming, fun, and appreciative atmosphere with annual company retreat and regular team activities
- Sponsored Multisport Card with access to hundreds of different gyms, studios, and swimming pools across Croatia after working full-time for 3 months
- Modern office with superb coffee and great infrastructure in Zagreb, Croatia
Are you intrigued? Apply here. We are waiting for you. 🙂