We are looking to hire a team-oriented and motivated Junior Backend Developer. As a member of our team, you will be working daily with other developers, collaborating with designers, product owners, and managers to achieve product goals.
We are constantly working on improving our applications and adding new features to offer clients and users the best experience in organizing and attending events whether they are physical, virtual, or hybrid. We expect you to help us develop and maintain our backend services for mobile and web applications.
Our backend dev stack consists of Go, GraphQL, gRPC, MySQL, Ruby on Rails, Solr, Redis, Sidekiq, and Kubernetes.
We Create The Most-Compelling Event Management Software
b2match is a product-driven, international operating all-in-one event management software company that covers the entire event workflow. We have been operating in the market for over 8 years. Our commitment is to help event organizers create meaningful interactions so that their big ideas can become a reality.
Our software has facilitated more than 4,500 events with over 800,000 business matchmaking meetings, across 90 countries around the globe.
A Team That Loves to Foster Interaction
With a team of 35+ diverse personalities based in Vienna and Zagreb, we commit to creating the most-compelling software and providing the best service for the management of various gatherings. Either in a physical, virtual, or hybrid format.
The best results come from the collaboration of motivated, talented people. We encourage working in project-based and cross-functional teams creating space to explore ideas.
- Learn our tech stack and become an effective team member
- Continually improve your skills and learn from more experienced team members
- Write clean, readable, reusable, and maintainable Go code
- Develop and maintain our main APIs and backend services
- Design and implement REST and GraphQL API for mobile and web applications
- Own the features you implement and ensure they are successfully rolled out into production
- Ensure the code you create is of high quality, well-designed, well-performing, and easy to maintain
- Contribute to writing clear specifications, documentation, and tests
- Participate in code reviews, provide thoughtful and constructive feedback
- Write unit and integration tests
- Make the systems scalable, reliable, and optimized for performance
- Participate in planning (defining tasks and providing time estimates)
- Deliver features in close collaboration with frontend developers and software engineers
- Experience in backend web development
- You can work 20+ hours per week
- Testing and debugging skills
- Knowledge of design patterns and best practices in development
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Git
- Openness to continuously give and receive feedback
- Interest in new web development trends
- Good communication skills, self-organization & researching ability
- Proficiency in English in both written and verbal form
You get extra points for
- Knowledge of Go programming language
- DevOps skills are a big bonus (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with gRPC and GraphQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- An easy-going and enjoyable work environment in a fast-growing company
- Mentorship program
- highly motivated, international team and a staff exchange program with trips to Vienna
- Additional Christmas, Easter, and vacation compensation
- Don’t worry about your daily lunch, we got you covered – every day free lunch!
- Bonus payment at the end of the year based on personal and company performance
- Flexible working hours
- Strong focus on personal and professional development with a yearly education budget, participation in events, and position development
- Additional free days on Christmas Eve (24.12) and New Year’s Eve (31.12) + a possibility of additional free days like “Free Fridays in August 2021”
- Top-quality equipment is waiting for you in the form of a MacBook Pro
- Welcoming, fun, and appreciative atmosphere with annual company retreat and regular team activities
- Sponsored Multisport Card with access to hundreds of different gyms, studios, and swimming pools across Croatia after working full-time for 3 months
- Modern office with superb coffee and great infrastructure in Zagreb, Croatia
If you think we might be a good match for you, apply here. We can’t wait to meet you! 🙂