AVL-AST d.o.o. is a software-focused AVL affiliate where programming and problem-solving skills are valued highly. We offer a rare opportunity to have a direct impact on the interface, functionality and performance of AVL major software products, e.g. CRUISE M, EXCITE M, FIRE M, used by top automotive brands and engineers around the globe. Join our large international team of hundreds of software developers organized into lean and efficient Software Engineering Process (SEP) led by experienced Product Managers, with a priority on stable and consistent product improvement while elegantly balancing developers’ workload – no overtime and your weekends are free.
• Multi-platform desktop development (Linux, Windows) in Python using external and in-house libraries
• Development of complex and feature-rich software for virtual vehicle simulation, mechanical simulation, autonomous driving, and the framework all products are based on
• Inter-team collaboration and communication with 200+ international developers
• GUI design, architecture
• Computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering or other technical background
• Familiar with object-oriented design and programming
• Familiar with UI development, reactive framework, event-driven programming
• Experience with versioning systems (Git)
• Python expertise by most experienced senior developers
• Unique opportunity to work on a huge Python codebase
• Contribution to projects of high technical complexity & business value
• Well organized community using mature Software Development Process
• Modern technical challenges, e.g. autonomous driving software, electric motors, fuel cells…
• Freedom, no micromanagement
• Mentorships and training
• International teams and dynamic environment
• Friendly atmosphere
• 13th salary, bonuses
Every new team member is welcomed to our relaxed and joyful community and is mentored by multiple senior engineers until reaching full independence & autonomy in Python expertise, product architecture, and the organization & production process. Then it, will be your turn to be a senior to those who come after.
AVL Croatia was founded in 1996 with headquarters in Zagreb as a member of the AVL List GmbH.
As a strategic partner, we are mainly oriented to software production, electrification, creating and implementing software solutions for simulation, testing and optimization of all types of propulsion systems for passenger and commercial vehicles. We are a significant partner to a large number of car manufacturers worldwide who, due to stringent environmental standards and fuel consumption reduction, need to continuously improve their products.
If you enjoy technical challenges and would like to join the dynamic community of engineers developing software products using modern architectures and frameworks, don’t hesitate to apply.
AVL is not just about cars. It’s about changing the future. Together.