AVL is the largest supplier of measurement devices for automotive OEMs worldwide. Our young but experienced team in Zagreb is part of electrification business in the automotive sector (battery cell testing). We design converters using cutting edge transistor technologies (SiC, GaN) and need your support in executing the 3D design.
• Conception, design and executing 3D design of products with respect to product requirements and mechanical parameters (material, surface, thermal management, cabling, isolation distances, vibrations…).
• Taking over suggested mechanical designs on existing projects and continuing development
• Consider thermal management issues and suggest concepts for cooling active components (water heatsink and/or air cooling) with the support of electronics & thermal engineers
• Generating assembly drawings & instructions, BOM’s, committing documentation to PDM system
• Considering components size tolerances & assembly process (DFMA)
• Support purchasing with considerations of cost impact (mechanical & thermal management part of the devices)
• Rapid prototyping (3D print) & validation of concepts for reducing development time
• Distribution of tasks with junior colleagues and providing guidance
• Review of 3D design with mech/HW developers (Cro & AT) and manufacturing department (AT)
• Support and communication with manufacturing and purchasing departments
• Participation in project planning (Agile Scrum)
• Deep dive into battery testing world
• Version control of models (Solidworks EPDM), release in SAP, using the material & components master database (MMD)
• Bachelor / Master degree (Polytechnical-/University) in the field of mechanical engineering
• Experience in CAD tools (Solidworks, Catia, Inventor ect)
• As an user understanding material production processes and their pricing impact (sheet metal, milling, coating, casting)
• 3+ years of experience in mechanical design of electrical devices (or comparable)
• Basic understanding of electrical laws (voltage need isolation, current flow means heatup 🙂 )
• Good understanding of electromechanical systems (electronics, heat, vibrations)
• Familiarity with relevant industry norms and processes is a bonus (quality control, FME Analysis…)
• Willingness to learn and ambition for professional development
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Proficiency in English, German is a bonus
• Possibility to develop within an experienced team of PE, electronic and mechanical developers
• Be part of electrification business in the automotive sector
• Work with cutting edge converter technologies & environment for innovative solutions
• Possibility to see the results of your work in prototypes and series production (design to series)
If so, please use our online application tool to send your application to AVL!
AVL is not just about cars. It’s about changing the future. Together.