AVL is the world’s largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
Due to increased demand, we are looking for employees capable of blending in the development environment of large-scale distributed projects.
If you enjoy technical challenges and would like to join the dynamic community of 100+ developers and engineers, don’t hesitate to apply.
Technical writers create product-/ system-accompanying documentation. They act as communicators between various parties. They research and create information and work in all areas of software, hardware and system documentation. The major goals of the technical writer are simplifying complex subjects and providing accurate content at the right time with the relevant scope for specific target groups.
- Development of software, hardware and system documentation
- Self-reliant work on documentation projects
- Continuous improvement of product know-how through research and engagement with the development
- teams, product and system that has to be documented
- Information research and design
- Electrical engineering background
- Some experience with technical documentation
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to depict complex technical topics and procedures in written and graphical form
- Excellent English language skills (German language skills are considered advantage)
- Confident handling of editorial and graphic programs (e.g. FrameMaker, SCHEMA ST4, SolidWorks Composer)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
All the better if you have an interest in:
- Experience with editorial and graphic programs (e.g. FrameMaker, SCHEMA ST4, SolidWorks Composer)
- Some experience in Documentation (e.g. project documentation, product documentation)
- Experience with SAP, SalesForce.com
- Customer communications experience
- Professional development through mentorship and coaching
- An international and dynamic environment
- Use of latest technologies and tools
- A very casual atmosphere that is simultaneously supportive, friendly and productive
- Option to stay as full time employee once you graduate
If you enjoy technical challenges, have some documentation experience and would like to join the dynamic community of 150+engineers developing software and hardware products using modern architectures and frameworks, don’t hesitate to apply through the link!
AVL is not just about cars. It’s about changing the future. Together.