Development Engineer Vehicle Function (f/m) (avl.com)
The world’s largest independent company for the development, simulation, and testing of propulsion systems, operating in more than 30 countries with more than 10000 employees worldwide, opens its Croatian doors!
- development of new and innovative functions for mechatronic vehicle systems (brakes, steering, torque vectoring, ESP, chassis),
- development of dedicated plant models of mechatronic systems in MATLAB/Simulink,
- set-up and execution of combined vehicle and plant model simulations to derive functional requirements of vehicle functions,
- model-based design and development of vehicle controls, state machines, and signal observers in MATLAB/Simulink for a wide variety of drive train and chassis architectures according to the specification,
- tight technical coordination with interdisciplinary experts of simulation, chassis, software development, FuSa, HiL testing, calibration, etc.,
- definition of test cases and acceptance criteria together with experts,
- validation of vehicle functions in MiL environment with vehicle simulation,
- participation in customer meetings and support in preparing offers.
- engineering MSc in the field of Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering or comparable,
- knowledge in the field of model-based controls and observer development,
- sound knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink and controls development toolboxes is mandatory,
- experience with vehicle simulation and data evaluation with MATLAB/Simulink and/or Python,
- ideally development experience in the field of chassis, brakes, ESC, steering,
- ideally, experience in the field of vehicle system simulation and driving dynamics,
- fluency in written and spoken English,
- willingness to Travel.
- contribution to projects of high technical & business complexity,
- modern technical challenges, e.g. autonomous driving software, electric motors, fuel cells…,
- full creative & professional freedom, no micromanagement,
- professional development through mentorship and trainings,
- international teams and dynamic environment,
- very casual & friendly atmosphere,
If you are eager to work in an international environment, you appreciate a relaxed atmosphere, great compensation packages, and you want to broaden your knowledge while thriving on challenges, apply!
AVL is not just about cars. It’s about changing the future. Together.