AVL is the world’s largest independent company for development, simulation, and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
AVL-AST d.o.o. as a strategic partner creates and implements software solutions for simulation, testing and optimization of all types of propulsion systems for passenger and commercial vehicles. We are following the trends and needs of our employees, we build a stimulating work climate and continuously work on improvements.
If you enjoy technical challenges and would like to join the dynamic community of 100+ developers and engineers, don’t hesitate to apply.
- innovative and strategic projects in the car industry for various domains (fleet data, RDE, ADAS, …) related to Data Management,
- analytics definition and setup of analytics environment for “Big Data” applications,
- ETL process implementation (telemetry based and stationary, e.g. with Airflow),
- support in definition of data governance including data lifecycle management,
- development of large scale data processing engine, real-time search and analytics based on time series data,
- responsibility for technical, methodological and quality aspect,
- support CI/CD process.
- engineering education (MSc, MEng or PhD) in Computer Science, Informatics/Telematics, Mathematics/Statistics or Engineering Degree,
- education in data management and distributed environments,
- educated in database technologies (SQL and Non-SQL),
- interest in Big Data storage technologies (e.g. Solr, Elastic, ClickHouse),
- interest in Cloud technologies (e.g. Azure Cloud Services, AWS),
- understanding of current state-of-the-art Big Data tools for Analytics (e.g. Spark),
- Linux/Unix experience,
- experience in programming language (Python, Java, C#),
- fluent speaking and excellent writing skills in English, willingness to learn German,
- willingness and ability to interface constructively with a global team, readiness for business trips in course of development projects.
All the better if you have:
- a working knowledge of vehicle architectures, communication, and components,
- experience in other programming languages (e.g. C++, R, Scala, MATLAB),
- experience in time-series processing,
- driving License.
If you’re interested in this job opportunity, don’t hesitate to apply!