Ever wanted to work in an early-stage startup where your decisions could shape the company’s future? Or where your decisions will shape the design of a state-of-the-art AI product for image and video processing used by hundreds of thousands of people?
We are looking for a Frontend Developer who will be in charge of developing our web application and website.
This is our current frontend stack:
- Bootstrap / Tailwind
- No Typescript yet, but you can change this 💪
If you haven’t worked in a startup before, please read the following so you can get a better picture of what to expect:
- 2+ years of experience with any of the modern frontend frameworks (React, Angular or Vue). It doesn’t have to be formal on-the-job experience, it’s important that you have actively been using the technology for a minimum of 2 years. This also means you have a good understanding of basic web technology like HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Minimum master’s degree (last year of university is also ok) in computer science, software engineering or a related field.
- Flexibility and a strong desire to learn. You will occasionally take on responsibilities that are not in the original definition of a frontend developer role (e.g. brainstorming product design, product testing, talking to clients…).
- Ability to self-manage as you will be the most senior person in this role.
- Tolerance for ambiguity. You’re comfortable with making decisions where the outcome is uncertain.
- Proactivity ➝ you think about how to improve stuff and come to other colleagues with concrete suggestions. Or even better, you try to improve something by yourself in an isolated test environment and present your findings to others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Example 1: Good: you’re stuck with a problem and can’t seem to find the solution ➝ you ask other colleagues for help ASAP. Bad: You keep trying to solve the problem by yourself and waste hours or days to find the solution.
- Example 2: Good: If you think something is not being done properly, you give specific arguments why that’s not good and what would be a better alternative. Bad: You keep quiet even if you think something bad is going on / being decided.
- Good knowledge of software engineering best practices such as unit testing, code reviews, design, and documentation.
- Good Git knowledge.
- Good English knowledge.
Nice to have (sorted by relevancy)
- You have worked in a startup or similar fast-paced environment for at least 4 months.
- You have worked on personal projects that are life in production and ready to be showcased.
- Experience in working with Vue.js
- Experience with Typescript.
- Experience in working with Vue.js frameworks NuxtJS and Quasar.
- Technical SEO knowledge.
- You have worked in a company that developed a software product for the media and entertainment industry.
- Experience with Tailwind.
- Basic knowledge of how AI technology works.
What you’ll be doing (sorted by relevancy)
- Develop highly scalable, high quality, and low latency frontend for the Aimages web application and landing page
- Participate in the full development cycle: technical design, development, testing, experimentation, analysis, and launch.
- You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, and giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards.
What do we offer?
- Base salary, €1,600 (12,055 HRK) – €2,900 (21,850 HRK) gross (bruto 1). The larger the base salary, the less equity we can offer, and vice versa.
- Possibility of owning equity shares in the company – ESOP.
- Heavy involvement in strategic decisions that have an impact on the product direction and company development.
- Monthly performance reviews.
- Financed further education (books, courses, conferences…). 📚
- Rapid learning environment.
- Provided working laptop + external monitor.
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible vacation days. 🌴
- Work remotely and on-site (on-site is mandatory during the first 1-2 months for easier communication and acquaintance with existing processes and people). We prefer the hybrid way – e.g. 3 days office, 2 days remote.
- Multisport card.
- Unlimited high-quality coffee at the click of a button. ☕
- The prettiest sunset view in the whole city. 😍
- We are open to new perk ideas if they sound reasonable.
Where are we?
- Zagreb, office in Slavonska Avenija 6, City Plaza Zagreb complex.
Who are we?
Aimages is a startup that is developing online AI-powered tools for video and image processing. AI-powered image and video editing is a novelty in the industry that enables amateurs to do day-long and expensive jobs in a matter of minutes for as little as a few dollars.
We have so far developed a web application, acquired more than 100,000 users with the number growing 30% monthly, have secured multiple B2B deals, and are further developing proprietary AI technology.
Come join us and be a part of the video and image editing revolution!
Apply here -> https://aimages.ai/careers