Want to be part of a young dynamic and driven team, shaping an international career at the cutting edge of Laboratory Automation?
In order to maintain the continued success & implementation of our AAS solutions, we are immediately seeking candidates to join our Concept Creation Engineering team. The role is suited to a dedicated and ambitious individual who is willing to help us achieve the progressive objectives of our biggest customers becoming reality, through a new approach which will challenge the norm and change the landscape.
A good level of engineering competence is necessary as is a desire to build comprehensive projects from drawing board to fully functional, with the direct support of knowledgeable and accomplished experts in the Automation field.
For our Abbott Diagnostics Division ADD we are looking for talented, well-motivated, Junior Professionals to join our team in Europe & EEMEAP as a JUNIOR TECHNICAL SPECIALIST – AUTOMATION to provide installations and service support to our projects in Europe & EEMEAP. Travel across Europe & EEMEAP > 85%.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE AND IMPACT OF POSITION
The Junior Technical Specialist will install and provide service support for all Automation Projects across Europe & EEMEAP. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be providing advanced technical training/coaching to ADD internal roles and to the end user.
- ensures that all activities are performed in compliance with quality system requirements,
- own Automation projects implementation across EMEA,
- lead onsite Automation installations in EMEA,
- provide service for designated products (Automation, Informatics),
- provide escalated service support – handling most challenging repairs and troubleshooting, escalated from level two and level one service interventions,
- keep track and ensure completion during implementation of TSB, and FA in EMEA,
- perform new customers and laboratory site inspections for new contract / tender preparations and design for new installations,
- prepare and participate in internal meetings, action plans and key Milestone activities monitoring,
- monitor instrument reliability and prepare service recovery plan for highly serviced I highly cost instruments,
- training – Perform technical coaching and conduct Automation training for TSS (Technical Service Specialist) and Abbott Ambassador,
- participate in Area Expert team for designated products,
- analyse existing solutions to provide improvement suggestions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelors / Engineering degree in medical I electrical /Electronics / Biomedical Engineering/ Mechanical or medical technology is preferred,
- preferably 1 years of experience as Technical Service Specialist and or a proven track record in a similar position, supported by management and customer references,
- successful engagement with customers, specifically key stakeholders and lab staff,
- strong communication skills,
- fluent English speaking,
- ability to identify and drive resolution of issues.
Travel will be required to major markets across EMEA as the implementation projects take shape over the several weeks of project build.
This is a fantastic entry level opportunity to join Abbott.
If you are interested, please your CV to Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org.