ABB Corporate Research, in close collaboration with varied ABB business areas, is developing the foundations for the next generation of ABB products. You will be part of the Integrated Sensor Systems group, joining a team of engineers and data scientists.
In today’s industry, one important paradigm is edge computing. In edge computing, the computations are performed on devices close to sensors and actuators. This has several advantages including reducing the latency and communication overhead. In order to implement machine learning solutions on the edge, it is necessary to deploy algorithms to embedded systems. In this internship, you will be leading the implementation of machine learning algorithms (e.g., neural networks) on different hardware platforms. If you are a skilled programmer able to work with different software tools we are looking forward to receiving your application!
- Familiarize with machine learning principles and with a different state of the art software libraries for machine learning,
- Deploy machine learning algorithms to different hardware platforms and evaluate their performance,
- Document the findings.
- Master student in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or related field; official enrollment essential,
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages including Python and C++,
- Prior experience with embedded systems (Cortex M series) is a great advantage,
- Knowledge of machine learning and related software libraries is welcomed,
- The initiative, motivation, and creativity,
- Fluency in English.
How to apply:
You can apply by sending:
1) your CV,
2) grades (MSc and BSc) and
3) motivational letter (1-page max.).
What: Paid Internship/Master Thesis
Where: ABB Corporate Research Switzerland, Baden Dättwil
When: Feb-Jul 2020 (negotiable)